One of the biggest questions in all of professional wrestling has been answered. After leaving AEW in February, Cody Rhodes has returned to the ring – and to a company he once called home. The speculation proved correct and Rhodes was revealed to be a mystery opponent for Seth Rollins on Night 1 of Wrestlemania 38.
It was Rhodes’ first match with the company since leaving in 2016 when he was still portraying the Stardust character. After leaving WWE, Rhodes took the independent scene by storm, having stints with New Japan Pro Wrestling, Impact Wrestling, and Ring of Honor, and most notably one of the founders of All Elite Wrestling. He also now has the honor of being the company’s first major departure and returning to his former home in WWE.
Of course, just because he’s back in WWE doesn’t mean Rhodes has given up on the personality he’s been building over the past few years. He’s still the American Nightmare, and he still uses the same opening theme he saw in the indies and on AEW TV.
Now we’ll have to keep our eyes peeled to see how Cody will be used in WWE programming in the future – and what the odds are that he’ll eventually become a WWE or Universal Champion. For now, given that he’s going up against Seth Rollins, it’s safe to say he’ll be on the Raw brand.
Check out all of our coverage from Wrestlemania weekend:
- Wrestlemania 2022 Match Card, Start Time, Watch, Predictions and Updates
- WWE Superstars Becky Lynch, Austin Theory, Naomi and more reveal their favorite Wrestlemania moments
- Classic WWE memorabilia on display at the Wrestlemania Superstore
- Becky Lynch wants to see Seth Rollins thrash AEW’s Marko stunt at Wrestlemania
- Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar: Every WWE match leads to their Wrestlemania Main Event
- The 19 Best Things WWE Sells at Wrestlemania
This article was previously published on Source link