WhatsApp is undoubtedly the most popular app for communicating and sharing videos, photos, audio and GIFs with near and dear ones. A few months ago, the instant messaging app started offering UPI payments along with the other features.
The Meta proprietary application has now made it easier for users to send and receive money from friends, family and everyone they know by combining messaging and payments in one platform. Users can now send money to anyone using WhatsApp with a single click, without downloading additional apps or using up all of their phone’s storage space.
In November 2020, WhatsApp announced that it had developed its payment interface in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). According to a blog post from the messaging app, the Unified Payment Interface (UPI), an “India’s first real-time payment system,” can transact with over 160 supported banks.
WhatsApp users can send money just as easily as a message with this exclusive feature. To start a UPI payment, all you have to do is click the rupee button while chatting with your contact or scan a QR code from more than 20 million Indian businesses that accept them. Users can effortlessly transfer funds from their accounts to the people who are available on the contact list. Therefore, linking a bank account to WhatsApp Pay is the only way to send and receive money.
Steps to attach a bank account to WhatsApp Payments:
- Open the WhatsApp app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Proceed to the Settings page.
- Click on the payment option after swiping down.
- By selecting the bank from the list, you can add bank account information.
- Once your bank account has been successfully linked to the application, follow the steps below to send money to another contact:
Steps to send money via WhatsApp Payments:
- Go to the contact page to send money.
- Access the payment option.
- Choose a previously registered bank account.
- After entering the desired amount and UPI PIN, send.
- After completing the payment, a transaction ID and the transaction details will be made available in the chat window.
This article was previously published on Source link