Transferring threads and data across Android and iOS has been by far the most requested WhatsApp feature, and it’s finally possible for users to do it automatically. Note that call history or payment messages are not transferred.
When transferring WhatsApp data from Android to iOSallows users to import chat history from WhatsApp via Move to iOS app. The WhatsApp integration was in beta for some time, but now everyone can access it. WhatsApp has one own help page that explains the process, but essentially:
- Users need Android 5+, iOS 15.5+
- That Switch to iOS App is installed on the Android device and WhatsApp 22.214.171.124+ is installed on the target iOS device. The Android WhatsApp must be version 126.96.36.199+
- The iOS device must be a new device (or factory reset)
- Both devices must be on the same network
To start Android to iOS transfer, follow the prompt in the Move to iOS Android app and perform the requested actions on the iPhone. Once the transfer is complete, activate the iOS device and your WhatsApp chats will be there. The data remains on the Android device until you delete it.
Having to reset the iPhone isn’t ideal, but at least there’s a way to do it quickly and without paying a 3approx party app Alternatively, you can back up your data to one of the cloud options available natively in WhatsApp.
A new way to keep the most important chats 📱📲 Today you have the opportunity to transfer your entire chat history from Android to iOS and vice versa. Now you have the freedom to switch to and from your favorite devices.
– whatsapp whatsapp) July 20, 2022
Filed in . Read more about Android, iOS and WhatsApp.
This article was previously published on Source link