Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon added four more cast members, including Graham McTavish from The Witcher and The Hobbit. In addition to McTavish, HBO has cast Matthew Needham (Sherlock, The Ritual), Bill Paterson (Fleabag) and Gavin Spokes (Hitmen, Brexit).
Fire cannot kill a dragon.
Graham McTavish, Matthew Needham, Bill Paterson and Gavin Spokes were in the @HBO Original series #House of the Dragon, come to @HBOMax in 2022. Find out more: https://t.co/k34dQNSY06 pic.twitter.com/EeSaKTayTE
– House of the Dragon (@HouseofDragon) September 24, 2021
HBO too Approved the character names and descriptions for the roles McTavish, Needham, Paterson and Spokes will play:
- Graham McTavish as Ser Harrold Westerling. Ser Harrold has served in the Kingsguard since the days of King Jaehaerys; he is the epitome of chivalry and honor.
- Matthew Needham as Larys Strong. The younger son of Master of Laws Lyonel Strong is tried by his father.
- Bill Paterson plays Lord Lyman Beesbury, the Lord of Honeyholt and Master of Coin in the small council of King Viserys.
- Gavin Spokes is Lord Lyonel Strong. He is Master of the Laws of King Viserys and Lord of Harrenhal.
House of the Dragon is set hundreds of years before Game of Thrones and follows the drama surrounding the House of Targaryen. “As King Viserys (Paddy Considine) reaches the end of his reign, a brutal battle for succession breaks out between his beloved daughter Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen (Emma D’Arcy) and his second wife, Queen Alicent Hightower (Olivia Cooke), who takes the throne her sons, “reads a line from the show’s description.
Matt Smith and Harry Potter actor Rhys Ifans also star in the series. The show is expected to premier on HBO Max in 2022.
Other news recently reported that HBO was developing two additional animated shows of Game of Thrones, bringing the total to three. However, development does not mean production, so there is no word on whether any of them will actually be pushed and carried through to release.
This article was previously published on Source link