Are you the type of person who immediately activates dark mode at every opportunity? Dark mode is a feature of many apps and systems that changes the color scheme to light text on a dark background. Maybe you prefer the aesthetics or find it easier on your eyes.
Luckily, Windows 11 includes a dark mode setting that instantly changes the colors of the operating system. It’s incredibly easy to activate and we’ll show you how.
How to enable dark mode on Windows 11
- To start, press Windows key + I to open the settings.
- Select in the left menu personalization.
- Select in the main panel Colours.
- open that Choose your mode Drop down and select Dark.
- Choose custom if you want to enable dark mode only for Windows 11 system items or for apps.
For more information about dark mode, see our guides on scheduling dark mode and toggling dark mode with a shortcut.
Below the Colours settings page is accent color. This appears throughout the operating system to highlight items such as system tray icons. To change this, set the dropdown to on Manual. Choose a standard color or choose from view colors for more choice to find your favorite dark color.
How to enable dark contrast on Windows 11
Windows 11 also offers contrast themes for those with limited vision or sensitivity to light. You can apply a dark contrast theme that changes the color of more elements than the dark mode described above (like the background of browser windows).
- Press Windows key + I to open the settings.
- Select in the left menu Accessibility.
- Select in the main panel contrasting themes.
- Use the contrasting themes Drop-down menu to choose a dark theme (e.g. night sky or water).
- Choose To edit if you want to customize the theme, perhaps to tone down the lighter color elements.
- Choose Apply.
Protect your eyes with night light
If you’re worried about your eye health, there’s a better option than dark mode. Try Windows 11’s night light feature, which synchronously dims the blue light on your screen.
This article was previously published on Source link