When you’re applying for a job, your resume plays a big part in deciding whether or not you’ll be hired. It’s one of those job hunting tools you need to stay in great shape.
However, there is not always enough time to prepare a brilliant resume for a job posting. You could be out and about, maybe in a subway station or on a bus if you have an urgent need to apply somewhere.
In such situations, how can you use your mobile phone to quickly create a resume that will catch the attention of a hiring manager?
Is it ok to create a resume with your phone?
While it might seem a little unprofessional to apply for that big paycheck from your smartphone, there’s nothing wrong with it if you’re pressed for time.
If you do things right, there is no way for a recruiter to tell if your resume was created on your mobile phone or on your PC. Even if they somehow find out, no recruiter will be inclined to punish you as long as it’s good enough.
With the trend of remote work, there’s a good chance a recruiter will review your resume from a mobile device too. So it’s a good idea to make sure your resume looks good on mobile. What better way to do this than creating it on a mobile device?
3 Easy Ways to Create a Professional Resume on Your Phone
So you’re scrolling through social media in a cab, and a job vacancy that’s almost expired pops up. How can you apply it from your smartphone?
1. Use a mobile-friendly resume building website
Your CV needs to look its best in design and be presented with the best possible wording. Unfortunately, if you’re pressed for time, you may not be able to come up with creative words. Using a mobile-friendly resume website is one of the fastest ways to create a well-rounded resume with minimal input from your end.
- CV.com is one of the fastest websites to create a professional resume and it’s free. All you have to do is create an account, choose a resume template, edit your professional information, and you’re all set. You can continue to use the site without wasting time registering. Once you have finished editing your details, your resume will be sent to your email address immediately.
- summary genius is another popular option to create your resume in minutes. You’ll find plenty of beautiful resume templates and an AI-powered resume generator that suggests relevant bullet points to use depending on the type of job you’re applying for. However, you may need to pay a monthly subscription of $2.95 to download the resume.
- Zety is another powerful web-based resume generator. Apart from your personal data, you don’t have to rewrite anything. You will find many pre-designed items tailored to the personal information you provide. You can create a well-written and well-designed resume in minutes. Although you can preview your finished resume, you have to pay to download it.
- wozber is a free professional resume builder with a handful of beautiful templates to choose from. The free model cuts the extra time you would normally spend making payments before downloading your resume. The simple interface takes you straight to creating your resume – no marketing gimmicks, no wasted time.
- EnhanCV is another free option that offers extensive customization features. Although there are hundreds of pre-made templates for different job postings, every part of each template can be customized. You can create and download an excellent resume in less than 15 minutes.
2. Use a resume builder app
These days, you can find a mobile app for almost anything you can do online, and resume building apps are no exception. Whenever there is an urgent need, there are many reliable mobile apps to help you create a resume on the go.
- The choice of millions of people, Canva is one of the most reliable resume creation apps you can use for free. It offers many highly customizable templates and is quite easy to use.
- CV Engineer is another good option that offers impressive flexibility and is relatively easy to use. Once you download the app, you can create a professional resume in minutes.
- Resumaker is a good option if you are looking for a resume generator that can help you create a colorful and professional resume that will appeal to recruiters immediately.
If you’d rather create your resume from scratch without using a dedicated resume builder, here’s a guide to creating a professional resume using Google Docs.
3. Download your Indeed profile as a resume
Once you’ve set up your Indeed profile with your personal and professional information, the quickest way to get a resume is to download a copy of your profile. If you choose this route, you can get a professional CV within 1 minute.
The downloaded profile will be properly formatted as a resume and will usually contain all relevant professional information that you have included in your profile. To access your Indeed resume on mobile:
- Sign in to your Indeed account
- Tap the menu icon in the top right corner
- Scroll down and search profile and tap on it
- On the next page, click As a matter of fact Continue and edit any information you want to change.
- Click on the three dots icon in the top right corner of your browser screen (next to the button labeled Private) and tap Download my Indeed Resume.
Your smartphone can do the trick
Whether your PC is inaccessible or you don’t have one at all, you can still create a resume that will appeal to recruiters right from your mobile phone. As long as you use the right tools and provide the necessary data, the quality of the finished resume will not be compromised.
So the next time you’re in a hurry to create a resume for a job opening, you don’t have to rush home to get your PC. The smartphone in your pocket can get the job done efficiently.
This article was previously published on Source link