Overwatch 2 celebrates the Lunar New Year with the Year of the Rabbit event featuring a new skin, free rewards, new arcade modes, and Twitch rewards. Detailed in a blog entry, the Year of the Rabbit, marks the final event of Overwatch 2 Season 2, which ends in February. This event features multiple arcade modes including Capture the Flag and Bounty Hunter. The Year of the Rabbit runs from January 17th to February 1st.
Arcade modes galore
The Year of the Rabbit features several versions of the classic Capture the Flag game mode. There is a regular version and a blitz version, with blitz mode providing closer spawn points for the flags, making for a faster version. There is also a competitive version of the mode that was added earlier this week and will be available for the remainder of Season 2, allowing players to enjoy an intense version of Capture the Flag where they can climb the competitive ranks.
The other arcade mode is free bounty hunter mode. A bounty will be placed on the first person to record a kill. While you have the bounty on you, you get extra points for getting kills, but you are visible to all other players on the map. Killing the person with the bounty transfers it to you. As with previous events, there are challenges based around these arcade modes, with the legendary Kkachi Echo skin available as a free reward.
The challenges in the Year of the Rabbit are:
- Lucky Pouch – Complete 2 challenges in Lunar New Year – Lucky Pouch Weapon Charm
- Good Fortune Kkachi – Complete 4 challenges in Lunar New Year – KKachi Echo Skin
- Mark of the Rabbit – Win 10 games in Bounty Hunter – Year of the Rabbit Spray, 1000 Battle Pass XP
- Sixth Time’s the Charm – Eliminate the bounty target 6 times – 1000 Battle Pass XP
- Lucky Rabbit – Win 6 games in CTF or Competitive CTF – Year of the Rabbit Name Card, 1000 Battle Pass XP
- Auspicious Wins – Win 8 matches in CTF Blitz – Hongbao Souvenir, 1000 Battle Pass XP
- Catch the Rabbit – Capture the flag in CTF or CTF Blitz – 1000 Battle Pass XP
A new Mei skin and Twitch rewards
In addition to the free rewards for completing challenges, there are a variety of skins available in the shop. A new epic Mei skin, Hu Tou Mao, is currently available in the shop, along with a collection of old Lunar New Year event skins. The Overwatch 2 store rotates every Tuesday, so additional new skins and cosmetics may become available later in the event.
There are also two other cosmetic items that can be earned for free by watching Overwatch 2 streamers during the event. If you watch two hours, you will unlock the victory pose “The Lion Roars” for Moira. For four hours you can unlock the legendary Masked Dancer skin for Moira, which was released during a previous Lunar New Year event. Make sure you have linked your Battle.net account to your Twitch account to receive the rewards.
This article was previously published on Source link