the Steam Simfest: Hobby Edition kicked off yesterday with some sweet deals for Sims of all kinds. The week-long online event will also feature a variety of game demos, developer livestreams, gameplay sessions and more.
What’s interesting about sim as a genre is that it covers a huge area – simulating other activities is a staple of video games, after all. Valve defines Sims for the purpose of this particular event as “games that try to simulate a hobby or job,” which is a bit narrower, but not by much. So you end up with a single genre that includes games like:
- mudwalker – $4/£4/€4 (80% off)
- arma 3 – $8/£6/€7 (75% off)
- Assetto Corsa Competizione – $14/£12/€14 (66% off)
- Potion Crafting: Alchemist Simulator – $12/£9/€10 (20% off)
- animal shelter – $18/£14/€15 (10% off)
- The Hunter: Call of the Wild – $7/£7/€7 (65% off)
- Two point hospital – $9/£6/€9 (75% off)
- Submarine – $12/£10/€10 (60% off)
- hellquart – $13/£10/€11 (25% off)
- Surgeon Simulator 2 – $11/£8/€9 (45% off)
Honestly, if you lined up all these games and asked me what they have in common (perhaps omitting the two with “simulator” in the title to avoid giving the game away), I’d be amazed. Arma 3, Hellish Quart and Assetto Corsa Competizione are as different as can be, and yet here they all share the boundless glory of the “sim” genre.
(Ironically, immersive sims aren’t included! Too bad that.)
Here are some highlights of the upcoming panels, discussions and Let’s Play sessions:
- Panel: Can hobby simulations teach you to do a real life job? – Also included: Planet Zoo, Farming Simulator 22, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Gas Station Simulator.
- Panel: What is a hobby sim and why is it played? – Featuring: Wobbledogs, Powerwash Simulator, Niche, Mars Horizon and Brewmaster: Beer Brewing Simulator
- Welcome to Planet Zoo, the ultimate zoo simulation! A tour with the developers
- House Flipper – Pets DLC and Lunar New Year news with the developers
- PC Building Simulator – fun vs. realism and the story of the game
- Brewmaster: Beer Brewing Simulator – IRL vs. Digital Homebrewing plus a trip to Moor Beer Brewery
Steam Simfest: Hobby Edition is now live and will run until April 4th.
This article was previously published on Source link